Subject: Re: Parametric Modelling - Is there a chance
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:39:55 -0800

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Kent Lidke <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >        I'm in the process of building some morph targets of a human head
> >using spline patching, and It would make it so much easier if I could just
> >change the curves and have Lightwave re-patch the whole object for me (in
> >the correct order, even!)so i would'nt have to manually patch each of my
> >morph targets.  I can see many, many other uses for parametric modelling.
>
> I'd like to see Metaform updated to maintain point count and point order.

> You can do this now.  If your source and target morph correctly, metaforming
>both objects will work as long as you perform the operation the same way.

	I just did a >quick< test, and metaform for sure created the same number 
of points in radically differently warped objects derived from the same source 
object.  In my quick test I was unable to determine if poly order was conserved, 
but I find it a lot more believable than I did 10 minutes ago.

	Next, to try it on, oh, a "Popeye" type head....

>
> You can cut, paste, mirror, whatever source and target you want, as long as
>you perform the exact same sequence on the exact same surfaces or points in
>each case.
******************************************************************************
** [email-masked]                     |  Synergy Graphix & Animation   **
** Welcome to Seattle!  Have a latte'!     | Technical Subjects a Specialty!**
** Don't make me force it down your throat.|     "OK!  Wind the frog!"      **